The University Communications division supports three key goals and objectives:
- Increase our national visibility, enhance our academic reputation, and manage the institutional brand.
- Develop communications and marketing strategies to help recruit an academically talented and diverse student body.
- Develop communications and marketing strategies to help to build connections with Laurentians to support fundraising and engagement efforts.
University Communications Values:
- Ambition: a strong desire to do or to achieve excellence, with the willingness to apply determination and hard work
- Balance: a feeling derived from being whole and complete; essential to maintaining quality in life and work and supported by a professional environment of fairness and reasonable expectations
- Camaraderie: mutual respect, trust, and friendship among people who spend a lot of time together
- Collaboration: an eagerness to work with others, to share equitably in the responsibilities to produce or create something great
- Creativity: the use of the imagination and original ideas, especially to advance the mission of the division
- Open-mindedness: being receptive to a wide variety of ideas, arguments, and information
- Respect: recognition of professional and intellectual expertise and value; due regard for the feelings, wishes, rights, or traditions of others